An intro into welding...
This isn't your typical lecture class. You don't just take notes and go home. This is active learning at its best! Thus our motto: Safety... Safety... Safety.
This hands-on course emphasizes "keeping your cool". All right - there's a lot more than that. Here's a sample of some of the most valuable information, aside from always wash your hands, you will ever learn.
- Proper gear for safe welding.
- Learn the use/care/storage of gas cylinders.
- Choosing the right metal for success.
- How to identify different types of metal.
- The fundamentals of MIG, TIG, ARC, and oxy-acetylene welding.
- How-to trouble shoot the common problems.
- Location: C1B29 Duane Physics Building (main level, west hall)
- Cost: $200 payable via cash/check/IN on the first day of class.
- Classes are small - up to 6 students per class.
- All materials and safety gear are provided.
- Classes are one-week sessions scheduled either 8:00-10:00 am or 1:00-3:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Classes are offered year-round; scheduled each semester - fall, spring and summer.
- Full attendance the week of class mandatory.
- Upon completion, students receive a Risk Management Safety Card which grants full use of the facilities during open-shop hours
Waitlists: Classes are often filled year-round, so a waitlist is maintained. Priority is given to individuals affiliated with the University. We do not maintain a referral database for similar courses or programs offered in the area. If you wish to be on the waitlist, you must provide a contact number. When class schedules are set each semester, individuals on the waitlist are contacted for enrollment prior to opening the sessions to walk-ins or new inquiries
Please note: If you are not affiliated with CU, we require a $50 non-refundable deposit one week prior to the first day of class in order to guarantee your spot. The remainder of the course fee will be collected on the first day of class. Information on paying the deposit will be provided once you are enrolled in a scheduled class.
When contacting the TTL for information regarding classes or availability, please direct inquiries to the Trades Teaching Lab at email@example.com or 303-492-8545.
- Alumni and Friends
- Faculty Resources
- About Us
- Trades Teaching Lab
- Precision Instrument Shop
- Apply to the Graduate Program
- Liquid Helium Facility Order Form
Trades Teaching Lab
Duane Physics C1B29
2000 Colorado Avenue
Boulder, CO 80309-0390