An intro into welding...
This isn't your typical lecture class. You don't just take notes and go home. This is active learning at its best! Thus our motto: Safety... Safety... Safety.
This hands-on course emphasizes "keeping your cool". All right - there's a lot more than that. Here's a sample of some of the most valuable information, aside from always wash your hands, you will ever learn.
- Proper gear for safe welding.
- Learn the use/care/storage of gas cylinders.
- Choosing the right metal for success.
- How to identify different types of metal.
- The fundamentals of MIG, TIG, ARC, and oxy-acetylene welding.
- How-to trouble shoot the common problems.
- Location: C1B29 Duane Physics Building (main level, west hall)
- Cost: $200 payable via cash/check/IN on the first day of class.
- Classes are small - up to 6 students per class.
- All materials and safety gear are provided.
- Classes are one-week sessions scheduled either 8:00-10:00 am or 1:00-3:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Classes are offered year-round; scheduled each semester - fall, spring and summer.
- Full attendance the week of class mandatory.
- Upon completion, students receive a Risk Management Safety Card which grants full use of the facilities during open-shop hours
Students must be at least 20 years or older to take the class; age verification may be required.
When contacting the TTL for information regarding classes or availability, please direct inquiries to the Trades Teaching Lab at email@example.com or 303-492-8545.
- Alumni and Friends
- Faculty Resources
- About Us
- Women in Physics at CU Boulder
- Trades Teaching Lab
- Precision Instrument Shop
- Liquid Helium Facility Order Form
Trades Teaching Lab
Duane Physics C1B29
2000 Colorado Avenue
Boulder, CO 80309-0390